UK Government Coronavirus Campaign
- The Foreign Office now advises against all non-essential travel worldwide. The COVID-19 pandemic has led to unprecedented international border closures and other restrictions. All countries may restrict travel without notice.
- British citizens planning to travel overseas should read the coronavirus travel advice guidance page and sign-up to travel email alerts. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
- If you're a British traveller abroad who is usually based in the UK, the Foreign Office advises that you return to the UK now. You should contact your tour operator or airline and read the Foreign Office dedicated coronavirus travel advice for the latest guidance on travel during the COVID-19 pandemic. https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- British citizens who decide that they still need to travel abroad should be fully aware of the increased risks of doing so. That includes the risk that they may not be able to get home, if travel restrictions are put in place. Anyone still considering travel needs to be realistic about the level of disruption they are willing and able to endure, and to make decisions in light of the unprecedented conditions we face.
- If overseas you must follow the advice of local authorities. Your safety and security is the responsibility of the local authority where you are. Be ready to comply with local isolation or quarantine requirements, and to rely on the local health system.
- If you are returning to the UK, contact your airline or travel company and your insurance provider as soon as you are able, and keep up to date with the latest developments. International travel may become more difficult. The UK Government advise they will only organise assisted departure in exceptional circumstances.
- British travellers currently abroad need to take account of the fast moving situation and plan accordingly, while flights remain available in many places.
Recent Blog Posts
- UK Government Coronavirus Campaign
- Travel Insurance that WILL COVER a Sick Relative
- <!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> </head> <body> </body> </html>
- Brexit And Your Bookings
- Why is it NOT a good idea as a couple to have separate travel insurance policies?
- Guide to buying Travel Insurance
- Airline Overbooking
- The Golden Rules of Travel Insurance
- New Medical Conditions
- Cruise Medical Care